Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear pants companies, stop trying to make me look like white trash!

I'll say this: I love jeans. I love jeans more than any other article of clothing. If I could have one million pairs of jeans, I would do it. And I'd wear multiple pairs at the same time, just so I could get use out of all of them. I'd change my pants 75 times each day just to make sure that all of my jeans were treated fairly.

But I digress.

Today, Frankenberry and I went shopping. I decided to stop in TJ Maxx just for the heck of it. While he was off looking at whatever his inner nerd drew him towards, I decided to look at clearanced clothing. I was browsing through the jeans for no more than thirty seconds when I started to get reeeeeaaaally annoyed.

"Those have artificial tears in them."
Next.
"Those are ripped all over the legs."
Next.
"Those are bleach stained AND have tears galore."
Next.
"Wow. This pair actually says, 'We tear 'em up so you can wear 'em out.'"


...
Are you kidding me?

Now, it's been fashionable for many years to wear torn jeans. I get it--that's the style. But why oh why can a department store fail to carry at least one pair of size three jeans that don't have rips and frays all over them? What is so hard about making pants and resisting the urge to slash them to pieces before shipping them to the store? I'm sorry, pants makers, that I don't want to look like a bum. I'm sorry that I don't want a draft on my legs because I live in Ohio and it fucking snows here. I'm sorry that your pants can't even be considered pants because more of my flesh is showing than there is jean material.

For once in our lives, can we please have a fashion trend that isn't completely asinine? I mean, if California girl wants to look like a falling-apart hobo who can't afford pants that didn't come from the dumpster, so be it. She can go fight a homeless person for his pants. I, however, would like to be able to wear pants that are actually one whole piece of fabric.

Thank you, clothing designers, for allowing us to be 'fashionable' by wearing less and less clothing each year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god I know what you mean. I got new pants the other day after shopping for a few hours.

    Instead of having a bunch of tears all over them though, where I was at all the guys pants were made to look like I rolled around in the mud everyday. Either super dirty looking material or gold. Blah. Why would I want pants with gold all over them? Haha.

    Pants companies FTL.

    However, I don't love jeans... or any pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! *Somebody* needed to say it >_<

    What annoys me is not only are there more and more worn out jeans, the non-worn out ones are getting thinner and thinner. They're becoming regular pants! If I wanted dress pants I would *buy* dress pants, I want jeans damn't!

    ReplyDelete