Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lazy

Right now, Frankenberry is taking a practice A+ test online, and I'm trying to think of a blog topic. This happens often. I sit down with the intention to blog about something, and my mind goes completely blank. Clean slate; I've got nothing to talk about. I usually have to stare at this blank publishing box for a while before anything comes to mind.

I started writing a novel a few months back. After about a page worth of writing, I put the notebook away for the night, and I haven't touched it since. I had a good thing going with that story, and I will.

If I can get myself motivated to pick up the notebook and a pen.

But alas, my laziness increases every day. I wake up anywhere between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. and check my Facebook. The rest of the day consists of staying in my pajamas, eating, and playing video games. I haven't even picked up a book in over a month.

I keep telling myself that once I move out, things will be different. I'll feel much more free, and I'll be more comfortable in working on things that cater to my wants and needs. But will things really change?

Experience tells me no. How much more freedom do I need? I don't have a job, I have no bills, and I don't live with my parents. What motivator am I missing that will kickstart my rump into gear?

Whatever it is, I need to find it desperately fast.

What motivates you?

2 comments:

  1. It probably won't help at all, but nothing really motivates me. I guess maybe trying to find the love of my life, haha, but you already got that down. =P

    Write about.. EQ2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how less motivated you'd be if we still had the trampoline.

    I'm sure it'll all get better when we move out, love. :D

    ReplyDelete